What does being a James Hardie Preferred Remodeler mean?
- James Hardie partners with some of the best contractors from around the country so that you can rest assured knowing your James Hardie® Fibercement siding will be installed correctly.
- Quality checks are initiated on every James Hardie project installed by a Preferred Remodeler using GuildQuality – a 3rd party customer satisfaction surveying service.
- All James Hardie Preferred Remodelers must meet a specific set of requirements prior to gaining membership to our program.
- Compliance with Installation Best Practices
- Regular & Random Installation Audits by James Hardie
- Professional Sales Approach
- Satisfactory record with the BBB or other Accredited Agency
- Satisfactory credit report
- State Licensed*
- Fully Bonded*
- Liability insurance $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Workman’s compensation Insurance*
- Satisfactory background check with at least 10 past clients
How much does James Hardie Fibercement siding cost ?
James Hardie Fibercement siding costs largely dependent on job specifics, please call for details.
What is difference between Fibercement vs vinyl siding ?
1. A siding made of fiber cement is more durable than a siding made from vinyl.
2. The fiber cement siding costs a bit more than the vinyl siding.
3. Fiber cement comes in a brick facade or a real wood texture. On the other hand, vinyl siding comes in penetrating colors.
4. The fiber cement siding comes with inter-laminated bond strength, which makes it a great choice for cold climates.
What is difference between vinyl vs cedar vs Fibercement siding ?
|Vinyl||Cedar Lap||Fiber Cement|
|Appearance||Several styles and colors available that simulate the look of wood lap siding.||Smooth and rough-sawn textures available in a variety of widths.||Lap and shake style options with natural looking wood grain textures.|
|Maintenance||Virtually maintenance free.||Requires ongoing maintenance of stain or paint every few years.||Low maintenance. Long-lasting finish available with occasional painting recommended.|
|Durability||Various grades and qualities of this product are available, depending on the manufacturer.||Susceptible to woodpecker and other wildlife damage.||Extremely durable and long-lasting.|
|Costs (Including Installation)||Lowest cost||Highest cost and requires the additional cost of applying a finish.||Higher cost, but not as high as cedar|
How long will a James Hardie Fibercement siding project take ?
Our average strip and James Hardie Fibercement siding project is 7-10 days.
What is the process to install James Hardie Fibercement siding?
- Customer meeting to determine requirements
- Style, trim and colors chosen
- Design & paperwork complete
- Permits pulled
- Stock delivered
- Dumpsters delivered and siding stripped
- Inspect for visible rot or decay (fix if applicable)
- Hardie Wrap installed and all seams taped
- Trim installed
- Siding installed per manufacturers’ specifications
- Caulk all seams per manufacturers specifications
- Final inspection and customer sign-off.
Will I be able to stay at home while James Hardie Fibercement siding work is being done ?
Yes, we have never had to have someone temporarily move out for a siding project.